Wednesday 18 March 2015

Am I SANCTIFIED?

Mat 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28-30‬ KJV)


John 17:13-19

And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. (‭John‬ ‭17‬:‭13-19‬ KJV)

2 Tim 2:19-21
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. (‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭19-21‬ KJV)

Some of the characteristics of a born again child of God are: 

1- you stop thinking about yourself alone. 
2- you stop thinking about what Jesus can do for you but also of what you can do for Jesus. 
Acts 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. (‭Acts‬ ‭9‬:‭6‬ KJV)
3- you begin to think about restitution
Luke 19:8
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. (‭Luke‬ ‭19‬:‭8‬ KJV)
4- you begin to serve God with the same vigor with which you  served the devil. 
Acts 9:20-22
And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ. (‭Acts‬ ‭9‬:‭20-22‬ KJV)
After been saved you endeavor to be sanctified.

What is it to be sanctify? 

To be set apart from sin & guilt ....
An unsanctified believer is susceptible to backsliding . So you need to be sanctified. 

Why ? 

1- it is he will of God that Everyman is sanctified. 
1 thess 4:3-7
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. (‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭4‬:‭3-7‬ KJV)

2- every man is born with a heart that is desperately wicked. .  
Jeremiah .  17:9-10
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. (‭Jeremiah‬ ‭17‬:‭9-10‬ KJV)
And every of our actions proceed s from the heart. 
Mat 15:19-20. 
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man. (‭Matthew‬ ‭15‬:‭19-20‬ KJV)

3- Sanctification changes the nature of a person's heart.
Ezekiel 36:26-27
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36‬:‭26-27‬ KJV)
What makes many believers to backslide is lack of sanctification. 

4-A backslider is worse than a sinner who has never been saved. 

5- backsliding is horrible . It can be likened to a dog going back to his/ her vomit. 
Worldliness can cause a Christian to backslide. 
In 2tim 4:10 
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. (‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭10‬ KJV)
Philemon 24
Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellowlabourers. (‭Philemon‬ ‭1‬:‭24‬ KJV)
Demas was a Christian worker who backslide  because of his attachment to the things of this world. 

6- The ability to live  holy is given by God. 

7- Jesus died for our sanctification. 

8- sanctification helps you to think like Jesus, forgive like Jesus, to be humble as Jesus.

9- it helps to develop servant- spirit & you become obedient & meek.,
Matt11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭29‬ KJV)

What do I do to be sanctified?

1-you must believe that it is possible to live Holy. 
1 Peter 1:15-16
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. (‭1 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭15-16‬ KJV)

2- you must then admit that you can't do it without the assistance of the Holy Spirit. 
John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭5‬ KJV)

3- Ask God to remove from you the heart of stone & replace it with the heart of flesh. 

Prayer points:
Father, sanctify me wholly; give me a heart of flesh that is in  line with your nature, in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment